How to spend your bank holiday weekend relaxing....
Take The Indoors Outdoors For A Blissful Bank Holiday
Wondering how to make the most of that extra long weekend at the end of May? With warmer weather on the cards, we think you should celebrate the start of the summer season by getting out in the garden in style! Here are three ways to have a weekend that ticks all the best boxes…
Relaxing should be the first thing on your agenda! Grab a book, make a drink, and hit the sun lounger for some serious “you” time! Taking time out helps keep stress levels in check, promotes a good night’s sleep, and can even help keep illnesses at bay. Relaxing in the garden has added benefits too. Researchers have discovered that spending time in green spaces has a lasting positive impact on mental wellbeing!
Our Neptune Murano Wicker Sun Lounger is the perfect piece of garden furniture for relaxing outdoors. It features a hydraulic backrest to ensure that you don’t have to exert yourself while enjoying a much needed rest!
Fancy something a little bigger for lounging around with friends and family? Check out the Hermione Day Bed, sumptuously soft outdoor furniture that brings the comfort of indoor seating outside! It even has a canopy for keeping the midday sun from warming your chilled aperitif!
Getting out in the garden for a bit of green-fingered-fun boosts energy levels, improves brain health, promotes immunity, keeps us fit, and has the power to send anxiety and depression packing. If growing veg, or tending flower-beds isn’t your cup of tea, why not create a low maintenance garden you can enjoy on your terms? Gravel and alpine gardens are easy to tend, planters with bulbs are simple to start, or you could create a herb garden. Not only is a herb garden a straightforward way to start gardening, but it will reap many culinary rewards, especially when you use the ingredients for your next barbeque!
Chadlington Planters come in an assortment of sizes, perfect for home-grown gastronomic delights, or seasonal blooms.
To top off your extra long weekend, a party is a MUST! There’s nothing quite like having friends and family over for fun and frolics in the garden for a bit of a bank holiday treat. So, what do you need to make your garden party a hit?
- Music – Hire a DJ, rent a digital jukebox, or just plug into your sound system.
- Drinks – Cold beers, a bottle or two of fizz, and a selection of mocktails for guests who will be driving.
- Food – It’s time to break out the barbeque! Serve up some flame-grilled favourites alongside delicious summer salads.
- Lights – Hang string lights, lanterns, hurricane lamps, and votive candles wherever you can for serene summers eve illumination.
- Tables, chairs, and comfy seats – A selection of seating is essential! Comfy day beds, loungers, deckchairs, benches, poufs, and outdoor sofas will provide your guests with somewhere to socialise, and encourage them to stay and party longer. If you are planning a more formal al-fresco meal, we have a range of table and chair sets that can seat up to 10 guests.