Your guide to Jo Alexander's Guarantees
At Jo Alexander, we are proud and confident of the quality of our ‘Jo Alexander Teak & Wicker Branded Furniture’ and, therefore, whilst most suppliers/manufacturers will typically offer a one-year guarantee, we've extended this to three years* at no extra cost to offer you extra value on your Jo Alexander branded furniture. We also do this to offer extra reassurance in the decision making process when choosing your garden furniture. (**See exclusions to the three year extended guarantee listed below).
*Effective from 1st December 2015
**Exclusions include the Jo Alexander Sussex Chair and Sussex Arm Chair and Polished Concrete Products – (which are all guaranteed for 1 year)
For all other non-Jo Alexander branded products, the guarantee period will be a minimum of one year. (Note: some brands do offer longer guarantees – please check with us directly if you have a specific product query).
The Nitty Gritty bits
The main areas not covered within the guarantee are:
- damage caused by accidents or misuse or normal wear and tear
- changing colour on exterior appearance; or
- change in colour fastness on fabrics which will change over time depending on storage conditions, natural light and other factors
We are basically covering for the product to remain in working order for the life of the guarantee.
Therefore, if the product is cared for in accordance with the advice contained on our website, or as provided by the manufacturer, but it becomes faulty or defective, our duty is, in the first instance, to get the product back in working order. If we can’t do that, then we’ll replace it with the same product (or discuss an alternative with you if that’s not in stock or no longer available). This will all be carried out free of charge.
(Note: “Defect/faults” as used in this warranty, are defined as imperfections in material or workmanship that will impair the use of the furniture/product).
Treating or painting your furniture may affect the guarantee in that we may only be able to repair rather than replace the item for you.
Please also note:-
- Ex-show room products will have the minimum one year guarantee.
- 'Seconds' products are sold with no guarantee and are sold as seen.
- Products are not covered by the guarantee once they are taken off the mainland UK. (This would include Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands - but excludes Anglesey & Hayling Island)
So…..what do I need to do to claim under my guarantee?
Please e-mail the team at [email protected] providing full details and attaching any photographs that will support your claim, or telephone the team in the office on 01954 267857.
Primarily, it is our aim at Jo Alexander to deal with any claim fairly in accordance with the above points.